Tuesday 14 June 2011

what keeps me going

As I sit in an office where a teacher's meeting is in progress, which is completely in Korean, I start to think about "what keeps me going" in Korea. This is not to say that Korea isn't an experience I have cherished thus far, but any sort of change in ones life can have its challenges. I think it's good to be real. You know what I mean?

1. trying to apprecite as much of Korean culture as I can, some of the cultural habits can be a bit hard to fathom. It's one of those "tilt your head and wonder why" moments.
2. seeing the different cities Korea has to offer. Travel here is so cheap... why not just jump on the train and go on an adventure?
3. enjoy every moment as a teacher. Most of my time in Korea is spent teaching, so why not put my every efort into it.
4. contemplating the meaning of "Lynn's life". What should I do when I decide to enter the real world?
5. regular Skype dates with my friends and family in South Africa (Dave Wright is currently in pole position with the amount of Skypes and online chatting)
6. my amazing chingus (friends) - pronounced chingoos - here in Korea. Lifelong bonds have formed already. I just know it.
7. and lastly God's sovereignty in my life and knowing that life happens acording to His plan and infinite wisdom. It's such a blessing and it gives me a huge amount of assurity and peace.

Gwangali beach in Busan

As they say in Cool Runnings "Peace be da Journey man"!

No comments:

Post a Comment